Do You Have Sinusitis?
Sinusitis is generally classified as:
- Symptoms lasting less than 10 days – generally considered viral and antibiotics are not needed.
- Symptoms lasting more than 10 days – generally considered bacterial and may require an antibiotic.
- In the last year, symptoms lasting 10 days or longer on 3-4 separate occasions.
- Symptoms lasting 12 or more weeks.
Symptoms alone are not a reliable way to diagnose sinusitis. Our practice takes a comprehensive approach to diagnosis. This includes:
- Compiling an in depth medical history, including previous treatments methods.
- Conducting a nasal endoscopy, which evaluates the status of nasal cavity.
- Performing a MiniCAT Instant CT Scanner scan to look at the degree of infection.
- Allergy testing.
Once all of this is complete, we can the formulate a customized treatment plan for the patient.