Allergy symptoms are often similar to and/or coincide with other medical conditions. For this reason, it is imperative to have an accurate diagnosis so that a comprehensive treatment plan can be initiated.
The St. Louis Sinus Center undergoes thorough steps to establish a diagnosis, which includes:
- Gathering your detailed medical history.
- Performing a thorough examination of your ears, nose, throat and head.
- Conducting an Endoscopy to determine if infection and/or structural abnormalities (deviated septum or polyps) are contributing to your symptoms.
- Completing an allergy test to confirm allergies and measure severity.
Two Types Of Allergy Tests:
- Modified Quantitative Testing (MQT) or Skin Prick Testing – This is the most common type of allergy test and is performed at the St. Louis Sinus Center. With skin testing, we expose your skin to a variety of allergens and then observe for a reaction. Based on this test, we can rule in/out allergies, determine which specific allergen is the cause and measure the severity levels of each. The results from this test are vital to providing a customized treatment plan.
- ImmunoCAP Testing – As an alternative to MQT, ImmunoCAP is a simple blood test which measures sensitivities
Schedule A Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about allergy drops, please call 314.473.5433 to schedule a consultation with our experienced team at our office’s in St. Louis and Festus, MO. You can change your life with nose surgery and you can take the first step by speaking with us.